ClearLink is Daavlin’s on-line system for managing home phototherapy patients. HIPAA compliant and secure, you can write and sign prescriptions, upload patient files, and generate specific treatment instructions for your patient. You can communicate with Daavlin’s home processing staff through this portal and even check the status of your patients’ orders and claim processing.
The following guidance will help you understand the ClearLink process and answer some frequently asked questions.
Registration of your practice or organization is the first step. ClearLink will request information on your provider’s name and contact information as well physician NPI number(s). This information is reviewed by the system’s administrators, usually within a day. With approval in hand, you may begin using the system by either registering other providers in your practice or organization or you may begin the prescription process for a patient or patients.
Multiple providers with a practice or organization.
First, let’s talk briefly about what it means to have one or more providers registered under your practice…
- It means that it is possible for any member of your group to see lists of one another’s patients along with prescription details. This can be useful for administrative overview.
- It means, however, that only the prescriber for a given patient can sign the prescription for that patient or make changes to the prescription.
- It means that each provider in your group will have their own unique password, giving them exclusively full access to their specific patients.
Writing prescriptions for your patients
Now, let’s talk about writing a prescription for your patients. Most of this process is self-explanatory, but there are a few hints that may help you maximize the efficiency that ClearLink offers…
- We understand that registering the patients and preparing their prescription may be done by someone other than the prescriber. ClearLink allows you to fully complete the prescription Except for signing the prescription. The information will be saved and the patient’s name will be added to a list called “Prescriptions Pending.”
- At his or her convenience, the prescribing provider can then sign onto ClearLink, select “Patients”, then proceed to review and sign all prescriptions that are outstanding in just one sitting.
- When preparing a prescription, you will be asked for the patient’s skin type, the type of ultraviolet you wish to prescribe (UVA or Narrowband UVB) and the specific device you are prescribing. Pictures of all the devices along with a brief description are included for your convenience.
- When a prescription is complete, you will receive an email acknowledgement.
- You will also receive an email notification when your patient’s device has shipped.
- The system Does Not allow you to generate a dosing guide immediately upon completion of the prescription. This can only be done after a device has been shipped.
Generating a dosing guide
Because each insurance carrier has unique policies relating to coverage, we often find that the insurance approved device is different than the prescribed device, meaning that the prescription has to be changed. The treatment instructions could be quite different, so for this reason ClearLink does not allow the generation of a dosing guide until it is known exactly what device was shipped.
- When a device has shipped, you will receive an email notification inviting you to go on-line and complete a dosing guide.
- The dosing guide generation process is self-explanatory. The discretionary elements of the treatment process are presented in a way that allows you to easily communicate to your patient the specific practices of your practice, group or organization. For example, you will need to make decisions on beginning dose, incremental doses and matters such as what to do if the patient misses treatments or presents with erythema.
- When complete, the dosing guide is printable in an easy-to-follow, attractive format that can be handed to your patient.