Daavlin’s ClearLink is a HIPAA compliant and secure online portal for prescribing Daavlin home phototherapy as well as other Daavlin home medical products. Users can write and sign prescriptions, upload chart notes, and generate specific treatment instructions for patients. ClearLink users can easily communicate with Daavlin’s home order processing staff through this portal and even request FlexRx refills.
ClearLink will request information such as the provider’s name, contact information, and physician NPI number(s). This information is reviewed by the system’s administrator, usually within one day, and once approved, users may immediately invite other providers in the same practice/organization or begin the prescription process for the patient.
Multiple providers with a practice or organization.
Having one or more providers registered under the same practice means:
- It is possible for any member of the group to view lists of one another’s patients along with prescription details. This can be useful for administrative overview, or for covering for a staff member who is out of the office.
- All of the prescribers in a practice will be added to a drop-down menu for selection of a given patient’s prescription; a staff member can enter a prescription and pend it to the selected prescriber for review, make changes, and sign.
- Each provider in the group will have their own unique password, giving them full access to the patients, but ensuring the ability to securely access the portal in the event that a staff member leaves the practice; If removal of an employee is necessary, it can be done easily and swiftly without disrupting the others staff profiles.
Writing prescriptions for your patients
Now, let’s talk about writing a prescription for your patients. Most of this process is self-explanatory, but there are a few hints that may help you maximize the efficiency that ClearLink offers…
- As mentioned, we understand that registering the patients and preparing their prescriptions may be done by someone other than the prescriber. ClearLink allows a staff member, such as a nurse or assistant, to fully complete the prescription except for final review and signature. This information will be saved and the patient’s name will be added to a list called “Prescriptions Pending”.
- At his or her convenience, the prescribing provider can then sign onto ClearLink, select “Patients”, then proceed to review and sign all prescriptions that have been pended for review and signature in just one sitting.
- When creating a prescription, users will be asked for information such as the patient’s skin type, the control mode, the type of ultraviolet light (UVA or Narrowband UVB) and the specific device prescribed. Pictures of all the devices along with a brief description are included for convenience. This information is the same as the information gathered on Daavlin’s paper “Physician’s Written Order Form” and allows Daavlin to submit for insurance approval on the patient’s behalf.
- An acknowledgment email will be sent once a prescription has been created and when it has been filled.
- Providers can print out or save a PDF of the patient instructions that are generated by the prescription creation, and can also select an option to have Daavlin call their patient to go over those instructions by phone.