A phototherapy breakthrough for dermatoses of the scalp and localized areas of the body... The Lumera System delivers exceptional comfort, ease of use, and performance.
Lumera enables you to control—precisely and safely—UVB light delivered through a brush or beam.
- Patented optics and proprietary lamp technology ensure clinically effective light in the therapeutic UVB band.
- An integrated timer and output level dial, combined with a light meter, allow you to precisely control the duration and intensity of the treatment.
- Lumera activates with the start-stop hand switch or remotely by foot pedal.
The Lumera Brush truly outshines all other phototherapy options by delivering UVB light directly to the difficult-to-treat scalp.
- Leading-edge technology delivers energy through 55 fiberoptic filaments in a hairbrush pattern.
- Light-conducting spheres at the end of each filament focus light directly on the scalp, bypassing the hair.
- Scalp therapy with the Lumera Brush reduces unnecessary face, ear, and neck exposure.
The Lumera Beam localizes the treatment to areas where hair is not a barrier.
- Pinpoints phototherapy to small lesions for targeted exposure.
- A variety of output patterns allows you to shape light precisely to affected areas.
- Precision output profiles spare border areas from double exposure and treat lesional skin tissue without affecting non-involved skin areas.
Lumera's meter measures UVB output for calculation of treatment times.
Backed by the best and brightest in the business... As the world leader in phototherapy, we deliver advanced, reliable technology, plus excellent service and support.
Clinical studies have concluded that the Lumera Brush is “an effective approach to control scalp psoriasis” and that the Lumera Beam is “an effective means for treating small, scattered lesions and genital areas, where the skin is sensitive.”1,2
Lumera UVB Light Source
Lamp: 200 Watt proprietary technology Active spectrum: 290-320 nm Lamp life: Approximately 500 hours Input voltage: 100-240 VAC Frequency: 50/60 Hz Input current: 3 A @ 120 Volts (1.5 A @ 220 Volts) Dimensions: 12.5x12.5x5.5 inches (32x32x14 cm) Weight: 11 lb (5 kg)
Active area: 3 square cm (variable areas and shapes with output pattern inserts) Dimensions: 2.5x2x6 inches (6.5x5x15 cm) Weight: 5 oz (145 g) Output: ˜ 100 mw/cm2
Total fibers: 55 Active area: 0.8x2 inches (2x5 cm) Dimensions: 3.1x1.2x4.9 inches (8x4x12.5 cm) Weight: 4 oz (115 g) Output: ˜ 20 mw/cm2
Lumera Light Guide
Active Diameter: 5 mm Length: 6 feet (1.8 m) Weight: 12 oz (340 g) Click HERE
to download the Lumera product brochure.
Click to enlarge: