For over 20 years, Daavlin has applied its industry leading experience in medical light delivery technology to scientific research and industrial applications. Our light delivery devices are equipped with a sophisticated integrated dosimetry metering system called Flex that delivers the desired light with consistency and accuracy. This is especially important in research applications where there is no substitute for precision and repeatability.
Without integrated dosimetry, it is impossible to know exactly how much light energy is being delivered due to environmental factors, such as lamp temperature. Accurate and consistent dose control is impossible with timer-only controllers. Daavlin dosimetry controlled devices eliminate these concerns and give additional benefits of lower electrical power consumption and more efficient use of expensive specialty lamps and lab time.
Daavlin can provide a variety of stock UV research units, but excels at producing customized solutions to difficult light delivery problems. In custom applications, spectral outputs from 200nm to 1000nm are available. Control electronics options include stand-alone dosimetry or highly sophisticated personal computer based software control systems derived from Daavlin’s cutting edge medical equipment.
Examples of previous custom projects include:
- Photosensitvity testing for human and veterinary drug applications
- Sunscreen SPF quantification machines
- Solar Simulation for skin cancer research
- Construction material UV testing (paint, siding, roofing, etc)
- Rapid-Test solar simulators for material aging (Using Lumera Technology)
- Photolighography equipment (with dosimetry to optimize lamp life and line speed)